What to bring to your first appointment ?
When you go to your first appointment with your gynecologic oncologist, you may want to bring a friend or relative for moral support, to help you remember all your questions, and to take notes.You should also bring:
- Your gynecologic and obstetric history
- Your family medical history, including a list of family members who have had cancer and what cancer they have had
- Pathology reports of recent biopsies (lab tests from any biopsies you might have had).
- Radiology reports including any X-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds, MRI and PET scans, blood test results
- If possible, bring a CD-ROM of the pictures from any imaging tests that you have had. These can be obtained by the facility where you had the testing.
- Your surgical history, including any previous operative reports if you have them
- A list of any medications that you are currently taking, including vitamins and other dietary supplements
- A list of all doctors you are currently seeing for ongoing care
- Your health insurance information
What to expect at your initial consultation:
In addition to a physical exam, Dr. Lerner will review your medical records, including imaging studies, pathology results and history. Together we will formulate a treatment plan, and all of your questions will be answered.